Friday, October 16, 2009

Julia Child Dinner Party

My friend, Lynn Hockaday, threw a Julia Child dinner party. We all had to come dressed from the late 40s, wear Julia's signature pearls and prepare a recipe from Julia's cookbook. Lynn made a pork entree and tomato aspic with chicken salad.

We had appetizers followed by french onion soup. This is my plate with the main course items. We then had dessert. It was absolutely delicious.

I was requested to make the asparagus with hollandaise sauce. For those of you unfamiliar with Julia's cookbook, the recipe I was assigned was seven pages of the cookbook. For the guests who made more complex dishes, I can only imagine how many instructions/steps they had to follow!


Renee with the french onion soup she made.



The main course is about to be served.




Wesley, Lynn's son, took our picture. He made the boeuf bourguignon. I think we made a charming group in our lovely hats..







No comments: