Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Far Away Friends

It was wonderful to see special friends while in Montana.

This is Angel Kee. We went to high school together. She now lives in Oregon on a 28 acre farm and has a handsome husband, two sweet children, one dog and 17 horses.Angel took me to town to meet Betty Figarelle. We all graduated together. Betty drove the four hours from Great Falls to Kalispell to spend Saturday & Sunday with me. I appreciated it very much. She has a son who just got married this summer, a daughter who is a realtor and a patient husband who lets her travel across the country to vacation with me.
I got to have lunch with my friend Jo Asa at a "soup kitchen". I think we met at Jazzercise, but it's been so many years now that I forget if that's correct or not. She has a daughter learning abroad in Australia, a son who thinks he can get just as good of an education staying in Montana :) , a horse loving pre-teen daughter and a "jewel" of a husband (he's a jeweler, but he must also be a jewel since Jo still seems smitten with him).
Angel took me to visit our friend Laili Komenda. She lives in Dwayne's dream home of a log cabin. Her husband is a great guy and they have two good-mannered, good-looking teenage boys. I think it is unfair that Laili hasn't aged at all over the 25+ years I've known her.

Also, a piece of trivia--Laili is the sister to the woman in Washington whose cow fell out of the sky onto the honeymooning couple (assuming you remember that news story).

No comments: